How To Get Rid Of Open Pores: Are open pores destroying the vibe of your face? The presence of an orange strip on the little pits framed all over is anything but an alluring look. On account of overabundance sebum creation, open pores are an issue, particularly for individuals with slick skin, which may bring about additional issues like skin break out, pimples, and so forth Despite the fact that there are numerous approaches to treat this issue, the home solutions for open pores referenced in this article will normally help you tackle the issue.
Pores assume a fundamental part in killing overabundance salt and water as sweat. At times, the pores’ size gets conspicuous specifically regions, making certain zones of your face look ugly. Peruse on to think about the best home solutions for open pores you can attempt.
Causes Of Open Pores On Face:
Here is the list of some of the causes of open pores on your face:
- Age: As you grow older, your pores appear larger since your skin loses its elasticity, making your skin stretch and sag.
- Genetics: There is a high chance of you getting large pores if you have family members with large pores.
- Clogged Pores: Your pores appear larger when there is an excess amount of oil and dead skin cells. Therefore, to prevent the appearance of larger pores, follow good hygiene and exfoliation.
- Sun Damage: Exposure to sun rays for an extended period may result in open and large pores by thickening your skin. It also makes your skin shrink and sag by eliminating collagen, water, and elastin.
- Blackheads: Pores clogged with sebum result in blackheads which leads to open pores. The black spots on your skin are caused by the trapped oil’s oxidization drawing attention to your large pores.
Tips to Prevent Open Pores:
We listed some easy tips you can keep in mind to prevent the formation of open pores.
- Wash your face every morning and evening with an oil-free cleanser.
- To prevent the build-up of dead skin cells, exfoliate your skin regularly.
- Using a toner suitable for your skin type will help keep the size of your pores minimum.
- Keep your skin hydrated by moisturizing it regularly.
- Use sunscreen before you step out of the house.
- Use home remedies twice a week that contain ingredients like fullers earth that helps absorb excess oil.
How to Get Rid of Open Pores on Face and Skin:
Here is a list of some of the natural remedies you can try to reduce open pores.
Tomato is something you find in every house, and it helps tighten your large pores. It helps balance the skin’s natural oils with the help of natural acids (6). You can get the desired results by using this remedy daily.
- One small tomato.
- One tbsp of honey.
- Extract the pulp from the tomato.
- Mix honey with the tomato pulp in a bowl.
- Gently apply the mask to your face and neck evenly.
- Let it stay for about 15 minutes.
- Use warm water to rinse your face.
Turmeric is one of the best natural remedies for open pores that are available in every kitchen. It helps to eliminate the bacteria breeding in your pores with its anti-inflammatory properties, thereby shrinking your pores to a great extent (7).
- One tbsp of turmeric powder.
- One tbsp of rosewater.
- Take a bowl and add turmeric to it.
- Add rosewater to the mixture to form a smooth paste.
- Gently apply the paste in the area that is affected.
- Let it stay for about 10 to 12 minutes.
- Use warm water to rinse your face.
- Using this remedy every alternate gives you effective results.
Caution: Use an old t-shirt to cover your neck ad chest area since turmeric leaves stains.
- One egg white.
- Two tbsp of oatmeal.
- Two tbsp of lemon juice.
- Place the egg white in a bowl and whisk it.
- Add the oatmeal and lemon to the bowl.
- Combine the ingredients thoroughly, forming a paste.
- Gently apply the mixture to your face.
- Leave it there for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Use cold water to wash your face.
- For beautiful skin, use this paste twice a week.
If you are looking for one of the best home remedies to tighten pores, honey can be the perfect option. Honey acts as a natural astringent and tightens the visibly large pores around the nose. It also gives you younger and healthy-looking skin with its antioxidants (9).
- Two tbsp of honey.
- Gently apply the raw honey to the affected areas of your face.
- Let it stay on your face for about 15 minutes.
- Use lukewarm water and then cold water to rinse off your face.
- For effective results, use this remedy every day.
[ Also Read: Natural Beauty Tips for women ]
Jojoba oil minimizes the size of enlarged pores by cleansing the clogged pores efficiently. The consistency of skin’s natural oil is similar to jojoba oil, making it one of the best home remedies to reduce pores (10).
- Few drops of jojoba oil.
- Gently apply the jojoba oil to the affected areas of your face.
- Massage for a few minutes.
- You can leave the oil on your skin overnight.
- Using this remedy a few times a week gives desired results.
Multani Mitti or fullers earth is excellent in absorbing excess oil from your skin, making it an ideal home remedy for pores on the face and nose. It helps unclog your pores and gives your skin a radiant glow with its skin whitening properties (1).
- Two tbsp of Multani Mitti.
- Two tbsp of rosewater.
- Place the Multani Mitti in a bowl.
- Add rosewater and make a smooth paste out of it without any lumps.
- Gently apply this mixture to your face and neck forming a thin layer.
- Leave it on your face for about 15 minutes or until it is dry.
- Use cold water to rinse off your face.
- You can use this remedy twice a week for good results.
[ Also Read: How to Instant Glowing Skin: Try Home Remedies]
Baking soda is a perfect open pores treatment at home. It helps eliminate grime, dead skin cells, and grime from your pores with its anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. Baking soda also helps maintain the skin’s PH balance by regulating its acid content (2).
- Two tbsp of baking soda.
- Two tbsp of warm water.
- Take the baking soda in a bowl.
- Prepare a paste by adding warm water to it without forming lumps.
- Gently apply the paste to your face into the pores.
- Make circular motions while you massage the mixture.
- Massage it for about 30 to 60 seconds.
- Use cool water to wash your face.
- This remedy yield results when done once in three days.
Apple Cider Vinegar:
Apple cider vinegar is a popular ingredient that has several benefits for skin and body health. It helps tighten your pores and skin by acting as a toner. It also helps reduce any inflammation on your surface (3).
- One tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- One tbsp of water.
- A cotton ball.
- Use water to dilute apple cider vinegar.
- Apply the diluted apple cider vinegar using a cotton ball.
- Let it dry for few minutes.
- Use this remedy every day as a skin toner.
Sugar is an ingredient that is avidly used in many skincare products because of its exfoliating properties. It eliminates the impurities from your pores, reduces their size by removing dead skin build-up (4).
- 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- One tbsp of honey.
- One tbsp of lemon juice.
- Add all the ingredients to a bowl.
- Mix them thoroughly.
- Apply the mixture to your face before the sugar starts to melt.
- Gently scrub the affected area for about five minutes.
- Use warm water to rinse off your face.
- Using this scrub up to twice a week can give effective results.
Aloe vera is yet another natural remedy for pores on the face. It helps remove dirt and oil from your clogged pores, cleansing and nourishing the skin efficiently. It is one of the best solutions to reduce enlarged pores (5).
- Fresh aloe vera gel.
- Gently apply the fresh aloe vera gel to the affected areas.
- Massage it gently for a few minutes.
- Let it stay there for about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Use cool water to rinse your face.
- To shrink your pores, use this remedy every day.