We all desire blemish-free and beautiful skin, but how many of us put in the necessary effort? With the rigorous schedule, we all have, having separate time to cleanse your face might not top our priority list. But it is high time we make time for our body’s most neglected part, the skin. Irrespective of skin type, every skin needs a proper skincare routine, let alone an intense one.
This article sheds light on the basic routine you need to follow in cleaning your face at the comfort of your home without having to spend thousands of bucks. Once you start following these simple steps, your face will not only be blemish-free but also enhances your natural beauty.
1. What is the process of using a washcloth for your face?
Take a washcloth and run it down under running water. Now squeeze all the excess water from the cloth and gently rub it all over your face in circular motions. Repeat the process till you ensure there are no remnants of cleanser on your face.
2. How long can you wash the face without damaging the skin?
Although washing your face is necessary, make sure you do it no longer than 2 to 3 minutes. Since overwashing or scrubbing for too long may cause damage to your skin, make sure you don’t overdo it.
3. How many times can you wash your face?
Washing your face once early in the morning and once before you go to sleep is enough. You need to remove the makeup before you can use a cleanser to wash your surface. You can either apply a night cream or follow your nighttime skincare routine before going to bed.
Here are a few steps you need to follow in cleaning your face naturally every day.
Use A Toner:
Once done with washing the face properly, toner usage is necessary to rebalance your skin and yet often be forgotten by many.
- A toner is a light liquid formulation that helps your skin absorb moisturizers and serums by balancing your skin’s PH levels.
- If you have specific skin concerns, you can choose toners that target those issues.
- Choose a toner of your choice and apply it a little in the areas of concern with a cotton ball. This process will deal with those issues.
- You can look for toners with the following ingredients.
- For anti-aging properties look for rosewater.
- For calming qualities, look for chamomile.
- To fight acne, look for witch hazel or salicylic acid.
Moisturizing Is Must:
- Choose the moisturizer of your choice and apply it all over your face.
- Make circular motions until the product penetrates your skin, keeping it hydrated.
- A moisturizer protects your skin from over-drying and reduces the tightness on your surface.
Exfoliation is yet another critical step in a skincare routine. However, over-exfoliation may cause hypersensitivity; doing it once or twice a day will help you tackle dirt, oil, dullness, and dead skin cells.
- Some cleansers have active exfoliating agents for them to work efficiently.
- You can clean blackheads on the nose by exfoliation using a scrub and focus your energies on those affected areas.
- Exfoliating scrubs deep clean your pores and gently buff away dead skin cells.
- If you want to choose a cleaner with exfoliating ingredients powerful in sloughing away the skin, look out for alpha-hydroxy acids and beta-hydroxy acids.
Use Lukewarm Water While Washing Off The Cleanser:
- This step is essential, and many of us often make a mistake by using hot water to wash our faces.
- Usage of hot water may dry out your skin, damaging it in the process.
- We all need to keep in mind that cold water doesn’t shut the pores, and hot water doesn’t open them.
- Stick to the middle ground and choose lukewarm water to wash away the cleanser without retaining any remnants gently.
Pat Dry With A Soft Towel:
Once you are done washing your face, use a soft towel to dry your face. Although it may look simple, using a soft towel is the key.
- Don’t apply too much pressure while you dry your skin since vigorous rubbing may cause skin damage.
- Gone are the days when you can air-dry your skin since it may lead to skin dryness. Therefore make sure you use a soft towel.
Figure Out Your Skin Type:
Our skin changes with time, and it is necessary to meet its needs for it to look best and its healthy functioning. The first and primary step for a skincare routine is figuring out the skin type you have.
- Dry Skin: People with this skin type may experience noticeable flaking and feel tightness in their skin throughout the day.
- Combination Skin: People with this skin type have dryness on the cheeks and a particular shine in their T-zone.
- Normal Skin: People with this type of skin feel amply hydrated and comfortable without feeling oily.
- Oily Skin: People with this skin type have clogged, congested pores and have an oily shine throughout the face.
- Sensitive Skin: People with this type of skin react quickly to many products and may take some time to figure out the right product. If you are sensitive skin, make sure you conduct a patch test on your arm before trying it on your face.
Remove Your Makeup:
- Removing makeup is necessary before you clean your face with a cleanser.
- Use a good makeup remover that ensures the removal of all the makeup.
- Please make sure there are no remnants of makeup since it may cause clogged pores.
- Similar care needs to be invested in the removal of makeup as we do while putting it on.
- Gently lift the mascara, wipe off your lipstick.
- Use a proper makeup remover to proceed with the process.
Choose The Right Cleanser:
- There are many cleanser options available in the market, so choose the product that suits your skin type.
- Take the required amount of cleanser and apply it to your face.
- Gently make circular motions till the product lathers up.
- Avoid the eye area and make sure not to use rigorous movements.
- If you think your cleanser isn’t lathering up well, check the product for the amount that needs to be used.
- You can switch to oil-based or a mild cleanser if your skin feels dry after using it.
A proper skincare routine is a basis for maintaining a healthy and beautiful surface irrespective of gender. So, without ignoring the basics, we get serious about maintaining a proper skincare routine. One of the primary steps to clean your face is cleansing. We hope this article has given you an insight into how you can reap the maximum benefits from a simple skincare routine.