Friendship is a beautiful bond between people. Friends are always there when you need support, guidance, and someone to just have your back. We spend the entire year having fun with our friends and on International Friendship Day we get to say thanks to our friends and celebrate their presence in our lives.
Date International Friendship Day is celebrated every year on the first Sunday of August and this year the day falls on August 1. In various other countries, the day is also celebrated on July 30. Friendship Day is celebrated on the first Sunday of August in countries such as India, Malaysia, United States, United Arab Emirates and Bangladesh.
History The first International Friendship Day was celebrated in Paraguay in 1958. Joyce Hall, the founder of Hallmark Cards started this day in 1930. Hall proposed the idea to mark a day on which people would celebrate their friendships and acknowledge their friends.
In 1988, Winnie the Pooh was appointed as the Ambassador of Friendship by the United Nations. In the 65th UN’s session in 2011, July 30 was marked as International Friendship Day.
SignificanceFriendship Day celebrates the bond and friendship ties between people. The term ‘friends like family’ is often used in life to describe the close relationship between friends so it is crucial to express your feelings and show appreciation for your pals today.
International Friendship Day is a day to tell your how much they mean to you and how much their presence matters in your life. Good friends are hard to find so you must take out time to thank your friends for always being there for you and helping you in times of need. On this day, you can also reach out to old friends to ring in some nostalgia and you can also try to revive some broken friendships.
How to celebrate There is no right way to celebrate International Friendship Day. Each person has their own way of connecting with their friends and should do something special to make them feel loved and appreciated.
You can take your friend out for a sumptuous meal or you can plan a mini getaway trip as well. If your friend and you are shopping buffs then you can have a day of exploring shops too. You can also treat yourself and your friends to a spa or some luxury service. If you don’t want to step out of the house you can also stay home and have a marathon of your favourite movies.
Friendship Day: WhatsApp messages, quotes and wishes to send to your buddies
Every year on July 30, International Friendship Day is commemorated. Countries such as India, Bangladesh, Malaysia, the United Arab Emirates, and the United States, on the other hand, celebrate Friendship Day every year on the first Sunday in August.
People all over the world mark the day to commemorate the BFF journey. Despite the fact that it is not a national holiday, people all over the world gather with their friends to toast to each other’s health and many more years together.
So, this Friendship Day, we bring you some quotes, wishes and messages that you can send to your pals.
Friendship Day Messages
– Some friendships are like Tom and Jerry. They tease each other, knock down each other, irritate each other, but can’t live without each other!
-There may not be something between us to remember forever but there is something that will not make us forget each other, our friendship.
-Happy friendship day ! I’ve always found you whenever I needed support, guidance, and someone to watch my back. Thanks for everything.
-I can’t stop thinking about what Leo Buscaglia once said. “A single rose can be my garden…a single friend, my world.” I’m so glad that I found that kind of person. Thank you for you, buddy.
-When I was small, I used to pray to God to give me the most special friend in this world and when I see you, I know that my prayers have been answered well… Happy Friendship Day.
-You know every trick to make me smile and every magic to make my sadness disappear. Your kind of friend is so rare because you are the most precious gem in the world!
Friendship Day Quotes
-Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It’s not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything. — Muhammad Ali
-Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. — Anais Nin
-For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.— Audrey Hepburn
-We weren’t sisters [or brothers] by birth, but we knew from the start…fate brought us together to be sisters [or brothers] by heart. — Unknown
-There would be many things to follow, as our friendship has many things. And so much of them reminds me of the happiness our friendship brings. -Julie Hebert, Things Of Remembrance.
-The glory of friendship is not the outstretched hand, not the kindly smile, nor the joy of companionship; it is the spiritual inspiration that comes to one when you discover that someone else believes in you and is willing to trust you with a friendship. Ralph Waldo Emerson
-There are times in our life when we realize how blessed we are from the friendships we have formed over the years, graduations and retirements often remind us of this. -Kate Summers
Friendship Day Wishes
– You are one of the blessings I got in life. I’m grateful to God for our friendship. Happy Friendship Day, bestie!
– Hey, bestie! Happy Friendship Day! You are one of the kindest, funniest, and most helpful one I’ve ever met. Let’s stick to each other forever.
– Dearest friend, I love you the most because you are always there to join me in the most stupid things in life…. Happy Friendship Day to you.
-Wishing you a happy friendship day, my dear friend. May God strengthen our bond and fill our lives with happy memories.
-Happy Friendship Day, my buddy! You are someone I can count on in every step of my life. May our beautiful friendship last forever!
14 Quotes To Share With Your Partner Or BFF
1. “I think behind every great man there’s got to be a great woman, whether she’s your wife, your girlfriend or not.” — Prince Royce
2. “If women didn’t exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning.” — Aristotle Onassis
3. “There’s nothing better than a glass of wine, a girlfriend and a long talk.” — Karen Fairchild
4. “Love doesn’t make the world go ’round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile.” — Shannon L. Alder
5. “There are only three things to be done with a woman. You can love her, suffer for her or turn her into literature.” — Henry Miller
6. “We certainly bond with each other in times of crisis or these times when we go through these big touchstone moments … and when we bond, in those really important, pivotal, transitional moments in our lives, we’re really vulnerable and therefore we give each other an awful lot of information about ourselves.” — Elissa Schappell
7. “Women are made to be loved, not understood.” — Oscar Wilde
8. “When my girlfriend and I talk about being happy, I’ll get choked up, which I think is the greatest gift you can give a girlfriend.” — Seth Meyers
9. “There’s nothing better than a glass of wine, a girlfriend, and a long talk.” — Karen Fairchild
10. “I don’t know what I would have done so many times in my life if I hadn’t had my girlfriends. They have literally gotten me up out of bed, taken my clothes off, put me in the shower, dressed me, said, ‘Hey, you can do this,’ put my high heels on and pushed me out the door!” — Reese Witherspoon
11. “One friend with whom you have a lot in common is better than three with whom you struggle to find things to talk about.” — Mindy Kaling
12. “Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” — Anaïs Nin
13. “I like being scared every now and then, I like the suspense and the thrills. Nothing like taking a girlfriend to a movie and holding her hand while she jumps.” — Scott Foley
14. “Friendship between women is different than friendship between men. We talk about different things. We delve deep. We go under, even if we haven’t seen each other for years.” — Jane Fonda