Facials have become a necessary ritual before any special occasion for everyone, irrespective of gender. You do something for yourself, which is considered most relaxing and luxurious, which helps you distress beautifully. But did you know you can get a facial at home without having to get an appointment at your favorite salon? Yes! Following some simple steps and the perfect product is all you need to have a luxurious experience without leaving your home.
Tips To Consider While Doing A Facial At Home:
- Wash your hands thoroughly before you touch your face and be very gentle.
- Ensure you don’t leave the products on your face for longer than the recommended time and follow the instructions thoroughly.
- It is better to keep aside at least one to two hours aside for a facial.
- Tie your hair with a hairband so that it doesn’t get in the way of your face.
- To avoid the mess you can wear an old t-shirt or bathrobe.
- Since the ingredients like Vitamin C and retinol in facial kits make your skin photosensitive, it is advised not to go outside for at least an hour after a facial.
- Avoid applying makeup for at least an hour since your skin needs to breathe.
- Decide the frequency of your facials according to your skin type. But twice a month is the general rule.
- Along with regular facials, you need to have a dedicated skincare routine for effective results.
How To Do A Facial At Home By Yourself:
To make a facial a pleasant experience, you need to prepare yourself the following way:
- Light an aromatic candle and create an atmosphere as relaxing as possible. Ensure your electronic devices are in silent mode for you to enjoy the process.
- Please note your skin issues and choose a facial kit that addresses them to give you a glowing and healthy surface.
- Choose the product that is suitable for your skin types and addresses all your issues. You can prepare DIY recipes too.
Let us now move onto the steps to follow for a facial once you are ready.
a. Massage Cream:
Facial massage is essential in improving the blood circulation in your face and also stimulates the muscles. The process also allows better penetration of skin treatments and boosts the elasticity of your surface. The massaging of your skin promotes fluid retention, reduces puffiness and hydration levels.
- Choose the right massage cream for your face.
- Apply it evenly to your face and neck.
- Gradually increase the pressure in a gentle and rolling swipe.
- Repeat the strokes five to seven times and keep them upward and outward direction.
- Ensure you massage every part of your body in gentle movements with your knuckles and fingers.
- Massage is essential in making your facial a relaxing experience and for better penetration of actual products further.
b. Apply Face Mask:
Choose a face mask based on skin concerns you have, such as dark spots, acne, fine lines, etc. Face masks nourish, hydrate, tone, and brighten your skin with ingredients like hyaluronic acid, vitamin C, ceramides, and niacinamide present in them.
- Choose the mask of your choice.
- Gently apply the mask to your face.
- Please close your eyes and place water-soaked cotton pads on them.
- Now relax and let the face mask stay for about 20 minutes.
- Use a damp washcloth to wipe your face.
- Let the serum dry on your face if you are using sheet masks, and avoid wiping your face.
- Use water to rinse off your face.
- You can avoid rinsing if you are using sheet masks.
c. Apply Toner:
Toners play an essential role in maintaining the PH balance of your skin. It gives your skin a smooth and vibrant appearance; it also makes your skin less prone to infection and oiliness.
- Choose a toner of your choice.
- Soak a cotton ball in the toner and apply it to your face and neck evenly.
- Use a small amount of toner initially, and then you can increase the amount gradually for effective results.
Moisturization is one of the critical steps to achieve radiant and glowing skin. Use your favorite moisturizer to lock in the hydration once you remove the mask. It helps preserve the results of your facial. Ensure to choose a moisturizer that doesn’t contain alcohol.
- Take a pea-sized amount of the moisturizer of your choice.
- Apply the moisturizer to your face and neck evenly.
- Make circular motions letting the product penetrate your skin.
- Make the strokes in a gentle, light, and upward direction
Before you get into the steps involving the facial, cleansing is necessary to prepare your face for the next steps. The cleansing process eliminates the makeup, grime, dirt, and oil from your face, making serums’ penetration into your skin much more comfortable. Choose face washes that are free from fragrances, artificial preservatives, or alcohol
Follow it up with a mild face wash. Avoid products with alcohol, artificial preservatives, and fragrances as they can dry and irritate the skin.
- Take few drops of cleansing oil in a cotton ball and wipe all the makeup traces from your face gently.
- Once done with removing the makeup and dirt, take the face wash of your choice and apply it to your face.
- Move your fingers in circular motions for about 30 to 60 seconds for effective cleaning.
- Use lukewarm water to rinse off your face.
[ Also Read: Natural And Best Home Remedies To Reduce White Hair ]
The gritty texture of physical and chemical exfoliants helps eliminate the dead skin cells from your face, opening your pores. Although exfoliation is beneficial, it is better not to overdo it as it affects its texture and damages your skin in the process.
- Apply the exfoliant to your face avoiding the area around the eyes.
- Scrub your neck and face for about five minutes gently.
- Leave it on for the stipulated amount of time.
- Use lukewarm water to wash your face thoroughly.
- Pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
Steam is yet another essential step in a facial routine that helps open up your pores, unclogging them in the process. It also makes the extraction of blackheads and whiteheads much easier. It is better to avoid steaming if you have sensitive skin.
- Boil a bowl of water.
- Keep your face over the bowl while you cover your head with a towel.
- You can also use a steamer.
- Ensure you don’t steam for more than two to three minutes.
Facials you get at your favorite salon can be excellent for your skin, but they tend to put a hole through your pocket. But you can pamper your skin with a rejuvenating and relaxing facial at home by following the simple steps mentioned in this article. Choose the products from brands that provide quality products that don’t cause allergic reactions. But make sure you follow the steps thoroughly and take all the necessary precautions.